Dewitt-Lavaca Aggie Moms’ Club Transfer Scholarship
The DeWitt-Lavaca Aggie Moms’ Club will provide a scholarship for an outstanding student who has transferred in to Texas A&M University at College Station from another college or university with the intent of earning a bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M.
Selection of the recipient is based on scholastic achievement, leadership, extracurricular activities and potential to succeed.
Requirements for application:
1. The applicant’s parents must reside in DeWitt or Lavaca County and the applicant must have graduated from an accredited high school program from any town located in DeWitt or Lavaca County.
2. Applicant must have completed a minimum of one semester of school at a
college or university other than Texas A&M University prior to transferring in to
Texas A&M University and have never received a scholarship from the DeWitt-
Lavaca A&M Mothers’ Club or the Yoakum A&M Club.
3. The applicant’s college transcripts should accompany the application.
4. A typewritten (double-spaced) essay, not to exceed two pages, on “How I have adapted from attending a small high school to a large college environment and the self-motivation it required.”
IMPORTANT: The complete application for this scholarship shall include the following documents:
2. All college transcripts
3. Photograph of the applicant
4. Two page typewritten (double-spaced) essay on “How I have adapted from attending a small high school to a large college environment and the self-motivation it required.”
SUBMIT: via electronic mail or USPS, the completed application and all attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Schmidt, 500 South US Highway 77A, Yoakum, TX
77995 by March 31, 2021.
Scholarship winner(s) will be notified by April 21 of each year.
The recipient and their parents will be guests at the DeWitt-Lavaca A&M Mothers’ Club
Annual Howdy Party.
Click Here to download the Transfer Scholarship Application for 2021 – 2022